Google has officially launched its new flagship smartphone, the Google Pixel.
Made by Google, the aluminum unibody-glass Pixel smartphone is the first to tap into the Google Assistant and the Daydream VR platform the company first previewed at Google I/O.
Pixel comes in two sizes: 5 inches or 5.5 inches. It runs a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor and sports a high-definition AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 4 display. There’s 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM, a fingerprint sensor, a USB-C connector and 3.5mm headphone jack, and support for Bluetooth 4.2.
The phone features a 12.3MP rear-facing camera with 1.55 micron pixels and f/2.0 aperture. A smart burst feature will capture a continuous stream of images giving users option to pick the sharpest, clearest shots. Google will provide unlimited storage for photos and video from the Pixel at full resolution, including 4K videos. The camera of the Pixel is the best camera Google made, and the company says it’s the best smartphone camera has ever made. It obtained a score of 89 in DxOMark, beating Apple’s iPhone 7 and every other Android flagship.
Check the full Google Pixel Specs:
- 5-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 resolution, 441 pixel-per-inch density) with Gorilla Glass 4
- 2.15GHz 64-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 32GB/128GB storage, no microSD support
- 12.3-megapixel camera with f/2.0, 1.55um pixels, optical image stabilization (OIS), and unlimited
- Google Photos storage
- 8-megapixel-front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- USB-C support
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,770 mAh battery with fast-charging support (7 hours of use with 15 minutes of charging)
- Android 7.1 Nougat with new Pixel Launcher, Google Assistant and Google Magic
- Size: 143.8 x 69.5 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 143 grams
Price and Release Date
Initially, Google will sell the Pixel on its website and will be available for preorder in countries like US, Australia, Canada and the UK starting October 4. Pricing starts at $649.99 (Php 31,000) for the 32GB Pixel. The 128GB version costs $100 more, or $749.99.