Electro-Voice, Bosch’s leading audio brand, introduced its newest product that delivers a rare combination of superior audio quality and super-compact form.
The X1-212/90 is part of a new family of line-array loudspeakers called X-Line Advance, which was a result of rigorous R&D, and represents a dynamic step forward in line-array loudspeaker system design.
“The top Electro-Voice engineers developed an entirely new technology called Mid-Band Hydra (MBH) that enabled us to successfully produce the performance of a double line of four-way, three-inch point sources in a 12-inch, two-way format,” said Tony Sawyer, Applications Specialist for Electro-Voice Global.
Designed from the ground up, the new loudspeakers offer a range of new features and advanced audio technologies that work together to surpass the performance of other line arrays available today – and all preserving mid-frequency sound and clarity in a significantly more compact cabinet.
Serving some rock-n-roll classics on the plate, Artadi and his crew comfortably shredded the stage rigged with EV’s X1 Installation Line Speakers.
“Playing in a room with a good-sounding environment is a motivation for us musicians to put on a good show,” said Artadi. “The X1 Line Array really pushed the envelope for us. The mixing levels of our instruments were clear without overlapping one sound to another. This configuration renders very well with our dynamic musical necessities when on tour or on a one-night act.”
The X1-212/90 is a compact 12” vertical line-array loudspeaker system that is ideal for small- and mid-sized applications including houses of worship, local/regional rental companies, corporate events, clubs, and entertainment venues.
Though it is approximately a third smaller in size than systems typically used in these environments, the X1 is designed to deliver superior audio performance and higher output—meaning fewer units are required to achieve desired results—while also making system design, transit, and setup/teardown more efficient and cost-effective.
Electro-Voice set the standard in line array speakers when it launched the first product in the ‘90s and is poised to once again disrupt the industry with the X-Line Advance family. Since then, the X1-212/90 is EV’s first midsized line array solution to be launched, with more solutions underway to target new segments and address a wide range of demands.
Set to be the best all-around line-array solution ever made for small- and mid-sized applications, its features include the following:
- EV-engineered transducers for excellent audio quality: SMX2121 12” woofer for higher output and lower distortion and new, next-generation ND2R high-performance 2” high-frequency compression drivers.
- Enhanced Hydra plane-wave generators for clarity and control: Mid-Band Hydra (MBH) for superior box coupling and Wavefront-Shaping Circular Hydra (WCH) for extended linear high frequency performance.
- New Integrated Rigging System for efficient arraying: built-in proprietary hardware designed to enable a smaller crew to setup/teardown faster and more safely – in around half the time of a typical line-array system deployment. EV-designed dolly system also saves time and manpower, serving dual purpose as transport and array assembly platform.
- New-look EV industrial design for a clean, streamlined appearance, with enclosure dimensions optimized for more efficient packing and transit. Compact size allows arrays of up to 24 elements.
- Passive or biamp operation selected via an internal connector.
To learn more about the X1, visit www.electrovoice.com/xlineadvance
Credit: Featured Bosch image courtesy of http://vietnamsupplychain.com/